||Jun 20, 2022
- Added SDK Support for Click Redirects with status codes 3xx
- Added support to handle viewable impression for all Ad formats.
- Collect signal json modification with audit flags.
- Bug fixes.
||April 26, 2022
- Fixed a issue with gdpr_consent and gdpr values not sent in AdRequests
- Added Geo info in collect signal API for MAX (InApp-Bidding) usage
- Fixed app crash while fetching the performance KPI values
- Removed MoPub adapters and its dependencies
||April 05, 2022
- Fixed InApp-bidding impression trackers discrepancy issue
||March 24, 2022
- Bugfix – Video Ad pausing when user plugs out headphones
- UB – Removed app.ext.skadn keys
- Bugfix – Rewarded Ads rewardedInterstitialDidReward method called without playing the Ad
- Bugfix – Resolved MockingJay library crashing issue while running Integration tests on a local machine
||March 16, 2022
- Change the cache invalidation state
- Unified Bidding – Support Native Formats
- Unified Bidding – Support Outstream Video
- InAppBidding Module – Support Native
- Send ad violations in case of alerts and popups
- Bugfix – Logic of Click and Rewarded callback not proper
- Performance KPIs per AdSpace – PoC
||February 07, 2022
||January 25, 2022
- Added support for Facebook banner, interstitial and rewarded video CSM (SDK Mediation)
- Added support for Custom SDK Network mediation
- Fixed bug where there was no pause event if a view appears above a video player
- Implemented sessionized data to Smaato in ad requests
- Included accessibility of GDPR TCFv2 consent information via InAppBidding module APIs
- Fixed bug where SDK would keep the redirect screen after a redirection to the destination link on click
- CMP stably released
||October 28, 2021
- Renamed internal SKAdNetwork classes for better compatibility
||October 26, 2021
- Added SDK API compatibility for Xcode 12.4
||October 5, 2021
- Added support for click beacon (non-app store URL) handling for SKAdNetwork
- Added support for SKAdNetwork versions 2.1 and 2.2
- Added support for LGPD compliance
- Improved support for India networks
- Implemented bug fix for native clicks
- Added APIs for InAppBidding
- Removed unnecessary “response” parameter from ad requests
- Supports GAM SDK v8 onwards
||July 23, 2021
- Implemented better parsing of DNS TXT config change hint records
- Added support for no-config tag in DNS config hint records
- Implemented rewarded fixes for increased rewarded video performance
- Fixed how SKAdNetwork information is passed via Unified Bidding
- Implemented Smaato’s Deeplinking Schema
- Fixed deep link redirection issues
- Migrated Outstream template versioning to ETag
- Added delegate methods support for Splash Ads
- Fixed viewability tracker for image ads (banner and interstitial)
||June 16, 2021
- Upgraded OpenMeasurement SDK to 1.3.18
- Added OpenMeasurement image banner and interstitial tracker
- Added new Outstream Video module
- Introduced new Native Rich Media ad format
||April 29, 2021
||April 7, 2021
- Fixed a crash in Client-side Mediation (CSM) adapters
||March 15, 2021
- Added configuration for passing Unity version
- Enabled the passing of ATTrackingAuthStatus and IDFV to SOMA
||February 17, 2021
- Added configurable close button for display interstitials
- Added dynamic sizing to interstitial close buttons based on screen size
- Added support for privacy icon as native asset
- Fixed a crash in consent string parser
||December 23, 2020
- Improvements to TTL calculation of the ads that caused errors while caching creatives using Smaato’s InAppBidding module
||December 16, 2020
- IAB OpenMeasurement SDK updated to v1.3.12.
- Added OpenMeasurement native tracker.
- Added parameter to change alpha value of the interstitial ad background view.
||December 4, 2020
- Fixed a crash on Unified Bidding module initialization.
||November 28, 2020
- Added support for Splash Ads as an ad format
- Added configurable skip interval for interstitial video ads
- Fixed a richmedia sub-resource load timeout
||October 22, 2020
- Fixed the format in the info.plist reader of SKAdnetwork
- Fixed a crash caused by a corner case related to the GDPR reader
||October 8, 2020
- Fixed a crash caused by a corner case related to the GDPR reader
||October 5, 2020
- Fixed a crash related to consent string
- Removed support of TCFv1
||September 23, 2020
- Support for all available keys of SKAdNetwork
- Runtime compatibility for Xcode versions
||September 20, 2020
- IDFA is fetched irrespective of LAT status, which is now deprecated
||September 15, 2020
- iOS 14 support + SKAdNetwork support
- Resolved critical crash for Funcorp
- Better aligned information passed in ad requests to information set up by publishers in SPX
- Significantly reduced SDK initialization time
- Implemented improvements in memory management
- Improved the handling of debug logs
||July 14, 2020
- Location awareness for EEA/GDPR
- Added In-App Bidding module
- Improved TTL calculation for ads
- Improved error logging for UB
- Updated rewarded video mediation adapters for AdMob
- Removed ad cache for waterfall requests
- Resolved crashes reported by Funcorp
- Removed 3rd party SDK dependencies from smaato-ios-sdk cocoapods for mediation and CSM adapters (i.e. MoPub & AdMob)
- Created separate cocoapods for AdMob and MoPub
||May 12, 2020
- Implemented TCFv2 support
||April 14, 2020
- Fix for a potential crash related to SKStoreProductViewController
- SmaatoSDK initialization can be done now via MoPub SDK mediation configuration class.
||March 19, 2020
- Improved general functionality and segregation of Mediation (waterfall) and Pre-bidding (Unified Bidding) ad space IDs when both are applied for the same MoPub ad request (same MPAdView) through MoPub adapter
- Implemented a publisher’s requirement to guarantee stable 6 fractional digits in latitude\longitude coordinates for Unified Bidding request
||January 13, 2020
- Improved GDPR policy restrictions for Video and RichMedia modules
- Fixed issue with User-Agent format in impression beacon and click beacon requests
- Fixed issue “No redirect after click on expanded banner (MRAID Map)” when NextGen SDK works as secondary under MoPub or AdMob control. Landing page opening is not terminated and executed completely, even if banner parent view is refreshed.
||November 27, 2019
- Fixed company name parameter in Open Measurement SDK to be compliant with IAB requirements
- Fixed conversion precision for bidding prices in Unified Bidding
- Added Maximum Ad Content Rating in SDK configuration
- Improved GPS location handling to be compliant with GDPR
- Fixed issue with displaying some MRAID banners
- Fixed issue when some MRAID banners were only clickable after a delay
- Fixed issues when some MRAID banners could not be clicked
- Improved resolving of Apple Store URLs
- Improved touch handling on Banner WebViews to avoid auto clicks in specific circumstances
||November 5, 2019
- Introduced a flag to give the publisher control over GPS information
- Updated adapters to support MoPub 5.10
- Identified creatives in the Unified Bidding flow with the same configuration
||October 22, 2019
- Extended the Open Measurement SDK to measure viewability for:
- Interstitial Video
- Rewarded Video
- Added improvements to video ads:
- Support VAST 4.1 with additional error codes and macros
- Optimized the media file selection logic based on the connection type
- Changed the default interstitial video skippability to 5 seconds, regardless of the ad duration
||October 10, 2019
- Maintenance release changes include:
- Fixed a check when comparing the banner creative size and the dimension of the view.
- Added error logging in case of a mismatch.
||October 7, 2019
- Maintenance release changes include:
- Improvements to the thread safety in the SDK cache system.
- Fixed an issue related to the System configuration.
||October 4, 2019
||September 26, 2019
- Maintenance release:
- Added test ad spaces handling in the NextGen SDK. If a test ad space is used, the NextGen SDK will use a different publisher ID to ease the testing. Publishers don’t need to re-compile the SDK when switching from the test Publisher ID to the live one.
- Changes to the GPS location handling, improved accuracy of coordinates.
- Made parameter keys in MoPub and AdMob adapters case insensitive.
- Enabled rewarded video format.
- Fixed User Agent that is passed with the request.
- Disabled 3D touch on the WKWebView.
- Fixed an issue when an incorrect presentation controller was used in RichMedia and Image modules to present an internal web browser.
- Video Interstitial: fixed the issue when the empty screen is presented when a video doesn’t have a companion ad.
||September 3, 2019
- Provides support for iOS 13 compatibility (interstitials take up the entire screen and can’t be swiped up to close) and the new Xcode 11.
||August 21, 2019
- Caching change and ad request rate limiting: Starting from this version, Smaato’s NextGen SDK will allow publishers to request several banners or medium rectangle ads in parallel, using the same Publisher and Ad Space IDs. Parallel requests are supported for mediation as well as Unified Bidding.
- Impression counting changes for banner ads: Smaato’s NextGen SDK supports the rendered impression counting method, which means the impression beacon is fired once the banner or MREC is added to the web-view, similar to the counting methodology of the legacy SDK. Note that for Interstitial and Rewarded Video ads, the impressions are still counted when the ad is considered viewable (at least 1% of the ad markup/video is shown).
||August 12, 2019
- Fixed the value for gdpr_consent string to pass the proper data.
||July 24, 2019
- NextGen SDK is distributed as a static library (instead of a dynamic one)
- Updated the project configuration in order to avoid Apple review rejections
||June 28, 2019
- Added the Open Measurement SDK to measure viewability for the following ad formats:
- Medium Rectangle
- Interstitial (RichMedia)
- Support for key-value targeting when Smaato is used as a primary ad server.
- Impression counting. The impression beacon is fired when at least 1% of the creative is shown (or once video starts playing).
- Caching and ad request rate limiting. SDK allows only one ad to be cached for publisher/ad space ID combination.
||April 29, 2019
- Unified Bidding Module revamp to allow using Unified Bidding with a custom ad server.
||March 29, 2019
- The first release of the NextGen SDK for iOS.
- Unified Bidding Module – supports bidding on the inventory with a real-time price (beta)
- Support of the following ad formats:
- Rewarded (Video)
- Support of the following standards is implemented:
- VAST 4.0 (beta)
- MRAID 3.0 (beta)
- Multi-Ad format for Interstitial ( increases the fill rate by requesting Video or RichMedia from the demand partners)
- Adapter classes for MoPub and AdMob as primary