MoPub Ad Tag
This page will demonstrate how to set up the Smaato Ad Tag to MoPub using the network integration setup process.
- When using MoPub as your primary ad server, we recommend you to use Smaato SDK for seamless integration.
- In order to use our AdTag inside MoPub, you need to request it synchronously, i.e., set the sync parameter to true
- When using our AdTag inside MoPub in applications running on iOS 10, you need to add the “Allow Arbitrary Loads in Web Content” key in the info.plist file in order to allow non-secure creatives to render
Beginning With SPX
Log Into Your SPX Account
If you have not already, you will first need to create an account in SPX
Create Your Apps and Adspaces in SPX
To create your app, go to inventory and then click the +New App button of the right side of the page.
When you create a new app in SPX you will need to add the following details mandatory information is indicated with a (*).
Create Your Line Items
Important Note: If you make an error selecting your inventory you can simply select the ‘X’ next to the items you do not want to include.
Pause the Default Line Item
Create an Ad Tag for Each Adspace
Use the following Ad Tag snippet to traffic the Smaato Ad Tag from within your MoPub instance. If you have created multiple adspaces, you will need to double check the Publisher ID, Adspace ID, and dimension for each of the adspaces that you have created.
Add the Publisher ID, Adspace ID, and Dimension
You will then need to add the following macros into the code snippet with the correct details for each of the adspaces that you have created:
Next, scroll down to the Ad Tag integration options.
Use the Adspace drop-down to select the adspace that you created in the previous steps.
Important Note: For multiple adspaces, you will need to select each and complete the following steps for each adspace in SPX.
Then scroll down to the ‘Copy to Clipboard’ section where you will find the Publisher ID along with the Adspace ID and dimension that is selected for each of the adspaces that you create.
Please Note: Do not use this entire snippet to copy and paste to MoPub, as this will cause major errors. All you need are the Publisher ID, Adspace ID, and dimension.
On the MoPub Side
Create Apps and Ad Units in MoPub
After logging into MoPub, you will then need to use the MoPub dashboard to create your new app.
Please Note: MoPub uses the term ‘ad units’ whereas Smaato uses ‘adspaces’ when referring to ad placements.
Now create your ad unit.
Once you have saved your new ad unit, you will see the message for code integration… you close this for now and go straight to the Orders tab.
On the MoPub Side
Adding MoPub Line Items in Orders
We recommend connecting your Line Items using the following ‘Orders’ method as opposed to a previous method of connectiong through ‘Networks’ in MoPub. Using the Orders method will insure the best performance
Now you will need to create your Line Items.
Important Note: For best performance, it is recommended to create identical Line Items inside both the Smaato and MoPub ad servers.
To create new Line Items, click on the button for New Order. You will then be directed to the New Order creation window.
- First you will align the order with the appropriate.
- You will also set Smaato as the Advertiser.
- Then you will Save & Create Line Item
When creating your Line Item it is important to use the same name as the Line Item setup in SPX to avoid confusion.
- You will need to select the Order Name
- Then Line Item name
- Next, it is very important to select Non-Guaranteed in the Type & Priority dropdown selection.
- By default the priority is set at 12. You can leave it at the default.
Please Note: For best performance, it is important to match the Line Items in MoPub and Smaato with the same prices, i.e. if you created a Line Item in Smaato with a price of $0.50 you will want to have the same price in MoPub.
That being said, you then need to:
- Set the CPM Rate
- For the schedule we recommend checking the box to Start Immediately
- After this you can Save and move on.
Next, set the targeting for the ad units that you just created.
In the ‘All Orders’ section, select the app and the ad units from the list and click Next.
Please Note: If you have a long list of apps, you can use the search feature or the filter options to find the correct apps and ad units.
For Audience Targeting it is highly recommended to select the exact same targeting options that you have set in SPX.
- If you wish to leave the targeting at default, you just need to Save.
Now you will need to add the Creative for the ad unit.
- Add the name of the Creative
- Add the dimension
- Select HTML
- Add the HTML creative
- Lastly, please make sure to check the box for MRAID Ad.
- (This will ensure better performance in the ad delivery.)
The last thing you need to do is to check the order and the Line Items that you created and if they match those created in SPX.
- In the Orders Tab, select the order that you created.
- From here, you will see all of the Line Items.
- Check the Status
- Check if Enabled
- Check if Priority matches the Smaato Priority.
- Check if the CPM Rate matches the Line Items created in SPX.
If all of your Line Items match, you have now finished creating the Smaato Ad Tag integration with MoPub.
For best performance in the monetization of your mobile application there are few highlights to make a note in the Ad Tag to MoPub integration:
- Double check that you have the correct publisherID, adspaceID and dimension for each of the Adspaces in Smaato SPX.
Side Note: Do not use this entire snippet to copy and paste to MoPub, as this will cause major errors. All you need are the publisherID, AdspaceID, and the dimension.
Type & Priority in the New Line Item section in MoPub.
- Make sure to select the option to ‘start immediately’ in the Budget & Schedule section,
- Also make sure to select the option for ’MRAID ad’ in the New Creative section
For further assistance, please contact your Smaato Account Manager or contact support by going to https://www.smaato.com/support/
Modified: November 6, 2019 at 6:42 pm